Cheetham: B Division
County Harpurhey PS, Moston Lane: 1885
Sept 24th 1885 LUSC to liaise with the County Surveyor and Justices the transfer to the Corporation the Police Stations in Bradford Harpurhey and Rusholme as provided by the M/cr City Extension Act 1885.
Station reported completely empty on takeover 30th September.
Oct 29th 1885 Valued at £900 but decision made NOT to take over the station and to be given back to the County on the 1st Nov 1885.
June 5th 1890 C. C reports on the 24th Articles of the Provisional Order of the Local Government Board re the amalgamation and take over of the police Stations; Blackley, Crumpsall, Gorton, Miles Platting, Longsight, Openshaw and Newton Health form the County.
Nov 27th 1890 Repairs to Lock-ups inspection:
Jan 8th 1891 Cells for the accommodation of females only.
March 19th 1891 new design for this station £875 Tender by Mr Mitchell.
July 23rd 1891 Twinquennial valuation of properties owned by the W.C only: Not assessed.
Aug 13th 1891 Heating appliance £40.
21st May 1896 Quinquennial Valuation and Inventory of Furniture of properties of the WC.
19th Nov 1896 LUSC: Alterations to the rest room - tender of £27 accepted.
19th May 1898 City Surveyor to be instructed to obtain an estimate of the cost of fixing of glass fanlights instead of perforated iron ones at the various police stations. [believed this is to the cell doors such as Fairfield St PS] Tender £126
1st Dec 1898 LUSC: Painting tender £14.18.6.
15th May 1901 Quinquennial Valuations: £1,737.